Saturday, January 1, 2011

Onward and Upward Friends




                                                                                  

Forgive me this my friends....


i need but a moment to log my reallity check....


It is 11:33 pm ....

My heart is so full and my mind running rampant...

during our routine bedtime couple's prayer...

My hubby mentioned his gratitude for

our Father in Heaven watching over us for the past 2 and a half years through all our trials...



THIS FREAKED ME OUT!

i couldnt breath... and my eyes filled up...

Two and a half years ago it became evident that
our comfy, cooshy, life was about to take some
twists and turns...

(AND LET ME JUST SAY:
IT HAS BEEN A WILD RIDE)

We went from a dream house with large beautiful
yard to hotel rooms in unfamiliar parts of the country....

presently, we reside in a bbbbbb
(sorry, it's hard for me to spit it out sometimes..)
bbb-basement.

bitter  tasting words on my tongue

We sold our  successful company, our nice cars,
our fancy home, our fun toys ( 4 wheelers)....

we made sacrifices of huge proportions.

There were a lot of "boo hoo's"
and "oh woe is me's"

but we are

STRONG.

We are not your average "give up and go home" Joe's...

No siree bob!
We have trudged our way through
uncertainty and change and sacrifice
and HUMBLE PIE ....

Lot's of unfavorable HUMBLE PIE.

and we have done it TOGTHER!

AS A FAMILY.
AS A TEAM....
 Along with our SAVIOR of course.
every step of the way.

WITH OUR HEADS HELD HIGH.
(mostly)


and without tears.


SIKE!!!!

THERE WERE A LOT OF TEARS.
SERIOUSLY.

LIKE....

A LOT.

(HEY , LET A GIRL MOURN HER OLD
COZY LIFE...WOULD YA!)

but in all honesty...

my heart is more full of thanks and
gratitude then ever before.

i recognize each and every simple blessing...
however small and sweet.

I have learned so much about life...about money...

about .....  ME.

I am one tough cookie.

I  have been part way to hell and back....

(well... almost back...)
( give me til May ok!)


It's true...I cannot take all the credit for my
toughness...

I am nothing without my Savior Jesus Christ.
We are nothing without Him.

I  knew we had been through a very rough year....

I just didnt reallize that it had been 2 and a half!

HOLY COW!

No wonder i am soooo tired.
I went from 29 to 65 in two years flat.

I just had to bear my little testimony...
that there is
HOPE.

In all things there is hope.

The sun will come out tomorrow.

The best is yet to come.

Let us never give up hope.

We are strong.

through Him weak things are made strong.

I know this is true.
Onward and Upward my friends!

On our knees looking upward.

I say these things...in the name
of Jesus Christ...

Amen!









xoxo  the Hawkers!

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for your beautiful words. Let's hope this is a wonderful year for all of us :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy to have you back. I love you and you have always strengthened me. You are tough. You are amazing, and an example to all those who know you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so strong. Love ya muches, and would love to hear from you, or hang out sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing your testimony, I felt the Spirit while I read it.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete