Sunday, January 9, 2011

It ain't Perty





Imagine my excitement when our realtor

called Thursday morning to let us know

that the sale of our home was done!!!!

We would be closing in 10 days!!!


We have been waiting over a year
for this to happen!

(short sale MY BUTT!)


ahem....

scuze me...

just sayin'.

The only way i can explain my delight
is to say..

" a   $375,000 burden had been lifted!"


NOW then...

IMAGINE MY SURPRISE WHEN
THE REALTOR CALLED BACK
3 HOURS LATER...

to announce that  ....

someone had stopped by and called to let him know that..

water was leaking in the kitchen.

wahhhhhhhhhh!!!

"ok.  i can handle this.  i'll just grab
some towels...3...no...5!
yup.  that will be good."

Hubby had just left for a 4 month
stint to work in California.

I don't handle "tragic" very
well on my own....

i had to pick my kids up from school
right then.

I am not a typically "patient" soul.

I was freaking out inside.

"i gotta get there...i gotta get there!!!"

i couldnt get there fast enough.
I am a panicky lil thing.

i reallized at that point that i needed
to say a prayer and ask for some
calm feelings and perhaps some comfort too.


I felt lifted up as i finsihed the prayer.

little did i know that i was really gonna
need that COMFORT and CALM!





















an estimated 6-8 days of a waterfall
exploding from a burst pipe in the kitchen ceiling....


the outcome:

2 entire floors of our home destroyed.

flooring, cabinets, walls, ceilings, 2 kitchens

all DESTROYED!

the house has to be gutted ...stripped to it's bones...
and restored.

ohhhh...


i am sooo glad there was not a
camera on me when we entered
the house to find the waterfall...

IT PROBABLY WASN'T PERTY!

i lost it.
thank my Lord above for family
and friends and the power of prayer.

By the grace of God i may get through this
life still.

:)

xoxo  shell


5 comments:

  1. Shell, I can't even imagine what you are feeling right now. My prayers are with you. Trust in God. He can help you get through this tough time. He will always be there for you. Much love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nightmare!! I am sooo sooo sorry. This is so not what you need right now, eh? So did you figure out who has to pay for all this fun? Let me know if there is anything I can do.
    Love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My heart broke reading this. But you have style. You have a beautiful, funny, sweet, heartfelt way of expressing yourself that is adorable. Thank you for sharing the good, the bad, and the ugly...but in a special way. And I will be praying for you too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please let me know if I can help. I hate that this happened.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poo! That is all that comes to mind. What can I do?

    ReplyDelete