Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Dreams of Sailing Away and Alphabe Thursday "x"





This week.....





I'm on the same page as

those Enya folks...



They were really on to something

with that whole ...

"Sail Away"

song they came up with.





I never knew these gals personally...

but here's my theory on them....


I think they were moms.

I think they were tired moms.


I would even venture to say they had
their kids quick....

Yep!
i am willing to bet my left eye
that they had children fairly close together in age....


and i may be going a bit far with this.....

but ....


i think one night,
(after a day from hell)

One of those chicks were in the bath relaxing ha!

bathing rowdy, close aged, dirt caked, children....


and i think there was a bath toy in that muddy water.


I think it was a pirate ship of sorts....

and old  18th century "Xebec" styled ship if you will....

and that poor, weary, woman,
(bags under eyes)
(hubby at work late) ...(again),

fought back  her tears ....




and  entranced by the sight of that toy ship,  she began singing.....

"sail away, sail away, sail away...."

as she wept and scrubbed chicken coop surprises off the bottoms of their dirty lil
feet......

ahhhhhhhhhh

i think her and i could have been really

good friends.

See eye to eye , we would.



xoxo  shell



visit jenny and all the other "x" entries here!

16 comments:

  1. I want to hop on and sail away...

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I actually sailed away this past May...10 days without hubby and children...I missed them too much so I flew back home. But it was a nice respite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'd like to sail away on a cruise ship :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shell, I love this post. I think this is my favorite link so far this week!

    This is clever and brilliant and funny and oh so true and an amazing use of this X-stra difficult letter!

    Thank you for making this an Xceptional stop on our little journey through Alphabe-Thursday's letter "X"!

    You are Xtremely cool!

    A+

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never heard of this before. It was fun to learn about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a Xceptional post, so clever! Love your family portrait :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. enjoy the time...
    I realize that without family members around, I could not eat or sleep well...
    family keeps you in shape, on schedule, and more disciplined...

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a witty post! Very well done for the letter "X".

    I think these thoughts (of Enya, of course) are some I'm going to have to look forward to in the near future ;^)

    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just loved your X post ... and i think you are sooooo right ... and i think we all need to sail away now and then!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I remember those days....I wanted to "sail away" many times....LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. I too was in the X class...
    Please drop in when you can.
    My X-Post
    ~Excursion of Xeranthemum~

    A Diva's Hammer Prose

    Hurrah another xebec fan! Welcome aboard...My crew awaits to set sail...and I ever so love Enya! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope you had a better day. . .maybe a little mommy time over the long weekend is in order??

    I never knew that there was a boat called an xebec. . .I will have to store that little factoid away for later!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My hat is off to all of you moms. It isn't easy being on call 24/7!
    Hope you get some time to relax this weekend! Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, to sail away! What a great post! I have never heard of Enya or exeb - I so love all the new things I learn on Alphabe-thursdays.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The very idea of sailing away is so delicious, and I learned about Enya and exeb. Thanks and Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete