Saturday, October 9, 2010

Loves Polkadots.... Has Dumptruck






It's been a crazy ride....

this past year and a half.


It's funny to think that two years ago

i had my own online boutique.

Vintage frills and fabulous home decor...

that is what i sold.

I loved every second of it.

It felt good to contribute to the family finances...
(and i got to shop for inventory...guilt free)

good times.  good times.






In my plan...

(you know,  the plan we make for our life, the fabulous picture
we see in our minds)

i would just raise my lovely children, shop, and re~vamp old furniture...

It was a nice plan.

But it was not to be.

i closed up my shop....

packed away all the pretty stuff...

and now....

a year and a half later....





I am the crying .... proud owner of

Hawker Landscape Services...

yup.

thass right...

i run

A DUMP TRUCK COMPANY.

(you think i'm kidding dont you...)


No jokin ladies.

I take the calls and give quotes
for delivering topsoil, gravel, roadbase, boulders....etc


QUIT LAUGHING.
I'M SERIOUS.

I book out our dumptruck and B.S. with
Construction guys all day.





It's not what i pictured.

at  all.

ever...

never...

not
even
close!

but it is where i'm at right now.

I could get a part time job but....

let us just say....
i'm not so good with  customers in retail.
(history shows)

i may have mentioned the word "GUN".

loudly.

in a bank.

that i worked at.


and i may have got 5 customer complaints in ONE day
at the department store i worked at.

i am not big on..

"the customer is always right"

infact...
i believe the exact opposite is true most of the time....



SOOOO...

AS YOU CAN SEE:

i am not cut out for the retail world.

so i may fit in quite nicely among the

hard hat guys.


me and my polkadot boots!


just along for the ride,
xoxo  shell














4 comments:

  1. Good for you! I personally love hanging out with construction guys. I grew up on job sites, worked in my dads construction office during the summers, and was the general contractor on my own house! I absolutely love it, I think I might be a bit jealous ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure you'll bring a little 'vintage and pretty' to the world of landscaping.
    Love the boots!
    Mercedes

    ReplyDelete
  3. I missed you. I have been looking for you at the gym, but obviously we go at different times of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. luv the boots, and I agree with you totally! You're my kinda girl! Thanks for all the nice comments on my blog.
    Take care,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete