I sent my lil buddy to Preschool Last week....
He is the sweetest lil....cutest lil...
and having him and Lou lou gone for a few hours
a day has caused a lil void in my day.
so i have been Crafting with my youngest, Kie!
fresh outta the bath!
These lil babies are so easy and fun!
I got the idea from my sister!
This is the stuff you will need!
*2 types of ribbon or trim
*glue dots and a glue stick
cuz they work better.
...ok...not really...they are just CUTER!
*and last but fo' sho' not least....
(the chocolate peanut butter and powder sugar crispix kind)
it's essential to the project.
1. rip out a page of the book....
I KNOW. I KNOW.
for the sake of the project...
RIP IT OUT.
2. fold it in half.
3. Cut along the folded edge about every inch.
4. Open it up ...it should look like this :)
5. pinch the edges together like sooo!
and GLUE with GLUE DOTS...( i used ZOTS)
on the top and bottom of the lantern.
6. cut strips of yummy scrapbook paper.
mine was cardstock for better form.
7. roll the paper strips up to help it form
itself around the lantern.
9. use glue stick to adhere one edge of strip
to top of the lantern.
10. wrap the strip around and overlap the strip on itself just a bit.
cut any excess.
GLUE in place WITH GLUE STICK!
10. take a small strip of ribbon
about 4-5 inches....and glue dot it on each end
to the lantern.
11. Finally, use your yarn to string
the lanterns along. keep them in place with
the other ribbon or trim you chose. tie the trim around the ribbon and yarn to lock in place on the garland!
These would be great for a birthday party or
a kid's bedroom..... or a
VINTAGE Camping trip!
OOOHHH try hanging them on a string of christmas lights
P.S. now eat all the puppy chow.
You done good!